Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stefan Delatovic's Blog: The eXXXciting return!

As mentioned in my last post, my digital life took a rare backseat to my physical life over the weekend.
Because .... of visitiors from beyond! Well, beyond the city limits that is. But when you live in the middle of the desert, that's damn exciting.


I have had many conversations that go like this:

"Hey Stefan, I've had an awesome time here in Broken Hill, even though I never ever would've come here if not for [inciting event]"

"That's awesome! We've had a blast!"

"I can't wait to come back and visit you guys."

"Oh man, that'd be awesome! I would love that!"

"Yeah. So I'll always consider you a friend."

"Why would you say that?"

"We will never meet again."


But not this time! This weekend we rocked it hardcore with Luke and Lou, our bodacious Canberran buds.

That's them over there. Isn't Luke just a peach?

This is a return visit from out dynamic duo. 
They are the easiest-going houseguests on the face of the planet.  This is because they are basically us.

Any pastime we envision, any media we care to digest, they're right there with us. Really, having them over is like just living your life as as normal but in a house with walls made out of mirrors that make you look like you're awesome and can play the guitar.

In addition to the above facts [awesome time was had], here's some other stuff that happened over the weekend:

I realised that I am now very bad at Wii Tennis, and that introducing Luke to it years ago was a mistake.

An impromptu kitchen dance party - inspired by Madonna's Like A Prayer - was a blast, but as it occurred at 3.30am, it sapped the last of my energy.

After being given a set of salt and pepper shakers to use as maracas, Luke used them all night long, even after they were removed form his person.

We watched all the video of Sarah Silverman we could find. Belly laughs echoed through our home.

We ate everything we could find. One afternoon was spent bemoaning the amount of milkshake within.

Wii Games played: Wii Sports, Mario Kart, House of the Dead, Hottest Dance Party, Golden Axe.

Comic books read by various parties: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volumes I & II, All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder, Batman Hush, Casanova, Buffy Season 8 Volume I, Fray, Tales of the Slayers.

We strolled the Mundi Mundi Plains. It was great. I am unfit.

Silverton was fun. The cafe serves gigantic meals and the surroundings are breathtaking. On Sunday it is busier that Broken Hill.

Note: Never leave eating a fried Mars Bar until the last day of a trip.

Additional Note: Four-player Mario Kart is possibly the funnest thing ever, even if the digital representation of yourself is a fatty.

Taboo is a great boardgame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I am a peach!

Don't forget Rayman! We hit some rabbits in teh heads with plungerz!

sdelatovic said...

Ah yes, the measured, intellectual pursuit of a plunger to the face.

I knew I'd missed one.