Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Champions

Last night Leen and I watched Queen: Live at Wembly.

I'd never seen it before, but had heard good things.

Not only was it possibly the best live performance I have ever witnessed, albeit through a television screen and the mists of time, but I ached to be in the audience.

When Radio Ga Ga had thousands of people clapping in unison while Freddy holds them in the palm of his hand, I kind of felt like I had missed all the best stuff that will ever happen.

If you ever get the chance to watch the concert do so. It will fill you with awe and crushing despair.

That is rock'n'roll.




Photograph provided by Orange_Beard

1 comment:

Patchworkpicklesandpigeons said...

Freddy did say "if a thing is worth doing it is worth doing to excess" and he did it all. He was awesome. If you ever get the chance to watch his life story do so. It will also leave you feeling great joy that you knew of him and great despair that he went so soon.