Monday, June 22, 2009

Sparkly, dull.

When Leen, our friend Gina and myself decided to watch some movies over the weekend, I convinced them to see Twilight.

I did this for nefarious social experiment reasons, as my brother - the video store baron - and I have been unsuccessful in our quest to find a person of the feminine persuasion who does not like Twilight.
In general, the reaction to the film seems to be a quiet recognition of its flaws beneath a syrupy love for either source material or hunk that sparkles more brightly than a vampire in the sun.

So I was very pleased that, 20 minutes in, the movie was switched off to the sound of pantomime yawning from all. I did not say anything while the movie was on, lest I colour the experiment, but both ladies found themselves bored to tears.

A-ha! There is a woman who dislikes Twilight, and I have her. What's more, she's going to come and see Star Trek with me this weekend. Suck it all other dudes.

Photograph by i heart him.

3 comments:

jay said...

haha i love how obsessed you are with Twilight Stef!

have you seen the Buffy Vs Edward clip yet?

http://blip.tv/play/AYGK5kyJ53Q

fucking ace :D

sdelatovic said...

Can't ... let it ... go.

It's like....


... my heroin.

leenleenleen said...

haha that Buffy vs. Edward clip is so funny!