Monday, February 23, 2009

Shotgun Blast to the Brain

So, as evidenced by previous posts, I was the wheel man this weekend for a road trip to Mildura.

Mildura is about three hours away, with a single roadhouse and dozens of goats in between.
I had a blast, but have exhausted my energy reserves. If I had to raise my shields right now to fend off the Romulans? I would totally breach my warp core.

But you know what that means ... random thoughts!

There's an ad on high rotation on Channel Ten for a show called NCIS. I have seen snippets of it and vaguely believe it to be a cop show that is not good. Anyway, on this advertisement, a female prison inmate says "You. Will Be The First. To Die" in the most smug, irritating, aggressive-yet-fake way that it makes me want to rip my face off and shove it in my ears. I have heard it ten times today.

Today an open-air evangelist encouraged me to attend his presentation tomorrow, as he is certain he shall be arrested. I am definitely going.

I have not mentioned it here, but my friend Danny is currently competing on So You Think You Can Dance Australia. He's two weeks in at the moment and I think I can say, in entirely unbiased terms, that he is the best dancer there is in the world. Seriously though, I'm mega proud of him and he is doing great.

When driving through Mildura as midnight approaches, one is reminded of a zombie apocalypse. 

Gummi bears, gummi snakes and Coca Cola can be used to create the approximation of energy when the need arises, but the comedown lasts for days.

On a related note, a half-full bag of gummi bears left in a car during the heat of the day creates a sugar-rich soup, and it is delightful.

The game "F**k 'em, Stuck 'em, Chuck 'em" asks players to choose, of the three names provided, whom they would throw off a cliff, who they would have intercourse with, and who they would be stuck on a desert island with. In our car, when Hitler, George Bush and John Howard were the subjects, everyone immediately elected to murder John Howard. Yep, over Hitler. We decided we'd be stuck with Bush, for the obvious reason of endless comedy.

Our friend D'Arcy has succumbed to our demands and started watching LOST. PRedictably, he is now chained to the television and is sending us a constant flow of text messages expsing surprise, theories, and his wish to "throw Michael's wife off a cliff! A cliff!" Today he polished off the first season, and it's fun to hear him theorise in his own time bubble, transposed years after the episodes in question were dissected on the internet. When he said "so are they in Hell? Purgatory?" I lost it. 
See what I did there?

I think Final Crisis is kind of a massive failure, but worry that the comic reading community's wholesale condemnation of it as 'too weird' may hamper innovation in the future.

I wish they wouldn't show The Biggest Loser at dinner time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a sec, so all of you opted to shag Hitler???

sdelatovic said...

Yep. It was decided that he would likely commit suicide after shagging the lads. Two birds! Also, that dude would certainly have some kink.