Thursday, November 20, 2008

Click click clix


Above if a blurry, poorly-lit photograph of the team I used in my inaugural game of Heroclix.
I'm big on themes, so I went with the X-Men teaming up with Spiderman, something I have seen represented in many comics.
What I have not seen in many comics, if these two flagship Marvel Comics franchises joining forces to be thoroughly destroyed.
It seems to be a fun game though, and my first crack gave me a good idea of how it plays.
But .... Wolverine totally would've beaten Omega Red if this was in the comics.
Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there lots of obscure characters? How many heroes did you get?

sdelatovic said...

We've only bought an initial smattering, but there's a pretty extensive catalogue of characters to choose from.

We bought a case of DC figures as they were dirt cheap, which unbeknownst to us, left us with 15 Supermans, 10 Batmans and more Aquamen than anyone in their right mind would need. There's also Wonder Woman, Luthor, and ... Lightning Lad!

We also picked up a few dozen Marvel figures which I can't help but be more interested in. There's your big 'uns such as Cap, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor, but we got some cool dudes like Taskmaster, Black Panther, Absorbing Man and some Skrulls.