Monday, November 3, 2008

OUT OF COFFEE

Photo from fd


While sitting at a streetside cafe in Melbourne, I overheard an exchange that continues to rattle around in my brain.





I transfer it to this place as an attempt at exorcism, in much the same way as I described the Mini Me sex tape to anyone with ears. Sometimes, the only way to reduce the effects of something is to dilute it amongst a crowd.





So, I'm enjoying this cafe due to the incredible laid-backiness of the staff, when a woman walks up the little street-facing window they have so you can get a coffee on your way past.





Customer: What kind of teas do you have?





Serving guy: What kind of tea do you want? See how I turned that around? It's on you baby.





Customer: Oh, I don't know....





Serving Guy: C'mon! You want tea, we got it!





Customer: Do you have Earl Grey?





Serving Guy: Do you want Earl Grey?





Customer: Uh ... yes.





Serving Guy: Nope, we aint got no Earl Grey! Green tea! I bet you'd love some green tea.





Customer: Ok.





Serving Guy: Coming right up!











I wish that man was my roommate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're thinking too small again, Delatovic. Imagine if Serving Guy was Prime Minister - we mightn't get what we want, but we'd be happy all the time.

sdelatovic said...

We sure would.

Everyone: What will you do about our poorly paid teachers?

PM: What do you want me to do, huh? I'm working for you, show me the money.

Everyone: Can they get a pay rise above inflation, so our children don't devolve into iliterette mollosks?

PM: Nope. BAM! See that? BAM.