Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fuck You Mercury

Not this Mercury, this one rules. Picture from Lomyx


So Mercury is in retrograde.

I'm not normally one for the horoscope thing, but this right here is uncannily on the money.

Apparently, Mercury is appearing to travel backwards through the sky. This is believed to wreck havoc with Virgos [me], Geminis [Leen] and anything to do with communications [my job and all of my hobbies] throughout January.

This explains many things.

I'm struggling to put words together, whether it be for a newspaper, a blog, or even the paltry 140 characters demanded by Twitter.

My laptop exploded the other night and only agreed to reboot after a few days of clumsy point-and-click surgery.

Frankly, I'm all over the map with a head full of fluffy razors, and I blame the movements of the universe.

As Leen said when she posted the news to Facebook, "I'm a Gemini and Stef's a Virgo who works in the media - what the hell is this month gonna do to us?!"

So yeah, if things get a little sporadic around here this month, cut me some slack, or at least make your comment insults sufficiently witty.

Fuck you Mercury.

3 comments:

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

I never picked you as an astrological believer, Stefan!

Now that you mention it, my brain is particularly fuzzy too (but that's probably just the ongoing consequence of having kids). Regardless of the reason, my blog has been very much neglected - at least you've posted pictures of your cat in a plant and your dead thongs. It seems you're putting up a brave fight against the backwards planet. ^_^

sdelatovic said...

I never used to believe any of it.

But then my life was torn asunder by the backwards planet!

I shakes my fist at the sky.

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

Could it be Karma paying you back after all of these years??

http://tsunamiheeja.blogspot.com/2009/01/garage-days.html