Friday, January 16, 2009

Love of the Link List




Tsunami Hee Ja recaps a portion of my secret origin, providing a disturbing insight into my developing mind in the process.

My good chum Justin pointed me towards this, which mirrors my own overwrought contemplations on the way in which Guitar Hero and Rock Band are effecting music delivery in this post-digital world.

This little slice of comic book store life had me both laughing, grimacing and realising why today's comic book fan remains somewhat misunderstood. No mean feat.

This article shows that my love of the original controller for the original X-Box, affectionately termed the "X-Box Fat", was apparently misguided. I maintain that it fit my dumpy paws to perfection. And I would have ironically given my right arm for a Nintendo Power Glove as a child.

Leen showed me this. Read it.

This sums up the everything that I'm all about right now. Try not to lose a day to pressing next. 

Oh, and though general perusal of the internet - especially here -  it becomes apparent that women are still marginalised within the comic medium, (I know! who would have thought, huh?) in both their search for empowering female characters and through the treatment they receive as readers. Where all the female superheroes be at?


No comments: