Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year


DSCF2691.jpg, originally uploaded by obscene_pickle.

Greetings all, and welcome to the laser-like intensity of excitement that is 2009.

So far the year has been a blast. As it began I was at a great party hanging out with good friends and, notably, my brother Nick and his friend Ben. It has been a long time since Nick and I had a chance to hang out without a family event as the instigating force, and entertaining chillaxation ensued. Ben turned out to be awesome as well, which was awesome, creating an 'awesome squared' situation.

The party was in full, fruit punch-infused swing as the clock chimed 09. Within three hours we had moved under a giant bed and things took a turn for the mellow. I generally find NYE to be a bit of a grind but a tight guest list and Leen and Georgia's onslaught of tune brilliance made this one the best I can recall.

We had strolled home by 5am and, after half a round of bleary Heroclix, took our leave of the conscious world.
Midday saw buckwheat pancakes and our guests hitting the road.
We were sad to see them go, but soothed the pain by reclining on the couch and watching eight episodes of The Wire's season 4 in a row.

Now, 24 hours into a new year's resolution to 'continue demonstrated awesomeness', I wish you all well.

4 comments:

leenleenleen said...

I wish I had a sibling to bond with!

leenleenleen said...

I wish I had a sibling to bond with!

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

The Delat-bros, together again! Nick is so much hairier than in my childhood memories though, and you've cut yours off. ^_^'

Happy New Years! I am too lazy to resume blogging yet - full of waffle.

sdelatovic said...

Sibling bonding is great, until it becomes a creepy hair exchange.

Happy new year Tsumi! I want waffles.