Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A note about the blog

And now, an exciting item of housekeeping:

I've disabled the widgety doohickey that automatically posts my blog entries to Facebook as notes.

There are a couple of reasons for this:

The selfish one is that I'd like people to visit the blog rather than read on Facebook, because, well, I think the blog is kind of cool.

the slightly less selfish but still kind of selfish one is that the comments on post are currently split amongst the posts and the notes. The comments on posts live forever on the blog, but disappear after awhile on Facebook.
I like the commentary, and feel it adds at least as such as the posts they proceed, so I'd like to encourage people to say stuff on the blog.

I suspect the likely result of this change will be a drop in commentary rather than consolidation, but a man can dream.

If you've been diggin' the notes, and maybe you didn't even know where they came from, I would encourage you to pop over to the blog occassionally.

Photograph provided by Vicintosh87

3 comments:

Amelia said...

I prefer the blog posts. Mainly because I end up reading them first, then seeing the Facebook notes later and just getting confused as to whether I've read them before or not.

I also didn't realise that comments on notes disappeared after a while!

leenleenleen said...

Do they disappear? I never realised that?

Anonymous said...

I will NEVER leave the safety of Facebook to comment on your blog page ... oh, wait ... ahh crap ...