Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Console Party

Imagine, if you will, a Christmas gathering.
The extended family have gathered from near and far to celebrate their temporary proximity.

The Nintendo Wii, like an aunt made of sunshine, flits about the party ensuring everyone has a good time. She keeps the children entertained and engaged, chats to the elders about their lives and spends a small amount of time with everyone, spreading a warm glow across the proceedings. She has little to say to the adolescents, but she tries to make them feel a part of the team anyway.

The X-Box 360s have a blast. Gathered around adolescents in an impenetrable bunker of self-made awesomeness, the console is the coolest kid at the party to which only a slim demographic is invited. The rest of the family stands apart as the 360s mutter off-colour jokes, chug beers and re-enact Jackass stunts, texting absent friends all the while.

In the corner, the Playstation 3 eyes proceedings over its platinum spectacles, hoping that everyone catches up to it by next year, so it can start having some real fun.

4 comments:

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

If I were at that party I'd be all over Playstation 3, but wouldn't be able to figure out how to turn him on. He'd give me the silent treatment and I'd cry on Auntie Wii's shoulder for the rest of the evening. T-T

sdelatovic said...

Oh man that was amazing!

Stangely, when I first got my hands on a PS3, it took me forever to find how to turn the damn thing on.

Anonymous said...

the ps3 demands you dont stray to far cause that damn recharge cord for the controller is like a 2 foot long leash that wont quite let you get to the couch you must stand by it in support all evening


360 for the win * throws hand up for a massive nuclear high five*

Anonymous said...

Did we win the moon battle?
I'm sure I would have won if I didn't have to leave my Second-in-Commandin charge.

B.