Monday, December 15, 2008

Previously on TV

Photo by James Good


So thanks for reading along with last week's impromptu feature, "Five TV shows that were great until they were cancelled."

It's a subject that's close to my heart, as I find the act of falling in love with a program guarantees its imminent destruction.
For those who are joining us now, my list was:

Arrested Development
Futurama
Twin Peaks
Firefly
Freaks and Geeks

Now I throw it out to the floor: Are there any other shows I should add? Is there a program that's cancellation still burns at your being?
And, as a Virgo, I'm always looking for things to list. Anything else I should list?

8 comments:

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

*sniff* they took away Gordon.. that makes me kind of sad. T-T

jay said...

dead like me?

sdelatovic said...

Oh man I loved Dead Like Me. Loved it.

And Gordon? Gordon from Sesame Street? I really miss that guy.

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

He's still around I think - bigger and balder than ever. I was talking about the "you cook like shit and I'm going to yell at you really loud" Gordon. ^-^

I miss Rocko's Modern Life too. Damn I loved that Wallaby.

Aaron's Assonant Adventures Abroad said...

All five definately killed before their time. Arrested Development was too genius for TV and was just starting to roll with its quirky humor. Futurama stayed for a decent chunk, but was still underrated. You can blame gridiron football for taking its slot. The cancellation of twin peaks just made no sense, and no closure. Hoping for the "I distinctly remember it was 25 years in the future" black lodge sequel. Firefly, well, all i have to say about that is that fox doesn't recognize good tv when it get thrown at them. Never watched freaks a geeks though.

Anonymous said...

Deadwood. Pushing Daisies. Charlie Jade (probably).

sdelatovic said...

Oh! Gordon Ramsey? I've never seen that guy in action, but I do enjoy angry shouting, hence my love of Flavor of Love and Next Top Model.

Damn you gridiron football.

The cancellation of Pushing Daisies is the crime that got me thinking about this in the first place.

Anonymous said...

You should check out Charlie Jade too. Detective Sci fi on a shoestring that they shot in Capetown about parallel worlds.