Monday, October 13, 2008

Star Wars Week Episode III: Revenge of the Biff


Yesterday I shared my blow-by-blow thoughts on Episode III. It was read by at least one person, surpassing my wildest expectations.

What I didn't share is that my girl Leen displayed once again why she is the perfect catch, by agreeing to my crazy-eyed plan - 'I'll watch it again, with notetaking!' - and watching along with me.

I also recorded some of her choice thoughts on the proceedings, which I have to share, because they're awesome.

Leen on Anakin;

When he learns he's going to be a daddy: 
"Is he happy? I cant tell. He already looks evil. Is he evil yet?"

When he has a vision of Padme dying:
"She's not dying, she's having a baby, where you look like you're dying and you want to die."

On his appearance early in the film:
"Brush your hair! He would smell evil."

On his appearance after his turn to the Dark Side, when he talks with Padme:
"He's not moving his mouth properly and he's wearing eyeliner. That's what I'd be saying if I was her, 'um, you're wearing a bit of eyeliner. Are you ... evil?'"

On the treatment of Padme:
"It's a shame ... I really like Natalie Portman."
"If she'd just have an abortion, he'd never go to the dark side and none of this would've happened."

On General Grevious' CGI fight scene:
"That looks so bad. They might as well just drawn Roger Rabbit. It looks 70s, like David Bowie made this."

On Emperor Palpatine:
"He looks like Q. I wish it was Q, and he was doing all this 'destroy the galaxy' stuff just because he was bored."

On Yoda, when he's reacting to mass Jedi extinction:
"Yoda said not to mourn people. Why isn't he happy for them? I thought you weren't supposed to be sad when people went into the Force?"


Joining me in lampooning Star Wars, with Star Trek and Bowie references thrown in? I love this girl.

1 comment:

Tsunami Hee Ja said...

ROFLMAO! Her comments almost make me want to watch it. Agreed! Eyeliner = evil. ^0^