Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apologies

It comes to my attention that the participants of some form of business workshop were forced to view this blog last night.

As far as I understand, business owners are seeking insight into the internet. If any of those people visit these digital shores again, I would like to apologise on behalf of whoever gave you the impression that this place is in any way informative or educational.

I would like to further apologise for subjecting to you to the then-current post, a wittily constructed piece about my cat, written as I had no ideas but a small picture of my cat.

If you are going to give the internet a go, however, here's some stuff:

* Update regularly. Alternatively, create something timelessly simplistic.
* Stay away from flashing lights, even if they include the large word 'bargain', which I understand is difficult to ignore.
* Have the words "contact us" appear on your home page. These words should link to a page that includes an email address and phone number. An email form alone is entirely unacceptable.
* Before creating a website from scratch, chat to someone who has used the internet at least one time.
* Visit icanhascheezburger.com, experience the sort of thing the internet is primarily used for, and realise it may be prudent to just give it a miss entirely.

No comments: