Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chainmail bikinis

My non-work related writing time has today been consumed by a thread on the Hordelings message board.

Hordelings is a forum for enthusiasts of the Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures game. I am members of said community, which takes me a few short steps to the other side of awesome.

There's a thread on there at the moment discussing how, in the books published for Dungeons and Dragons, heroes are mostly represented as white males, and women are largely presented as scantily-clad, gravity defying objects of ridiculousness. It's a cool discussion about why this is not a good thing, with a few people chiming in to say 'well, I just think it's awesome'.

I couldn't help but chime in about my favourite, most pushable barrow, white privilige.
http://hordelings.com/forums/postView.php?viewPage=0&post_id=156603

No comments: