Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dressed to impress

Over the weekend I attended a murder mystery birthday, "Murder at the Juice Joint".
I was called upon to play the character of Mayor Biggs, who was shooting for the Governor's office on the back of shady dealings with mobster Notorious Nick.

To achieve such a subtle blend of power, desperation and a willinginess to do whatever it takes, I enlisted the help of a fake moustache which, according to the packaging, was called "The Scoundrel".
I think I pulled it off.



It's worth noting that, due to the constraints inherent in the timeframe, it was the first party I've attended in years at which I was not wearing a t-shirt bearing the likeness of a Nintendo character.
Despite that, I still managed to look as much like an Italian plumber living in the Mushroom Kingdom as I did a Mayor drinking in a Chicago speakeasy. It's in my genes now people.
The party was a blast, with a crowd of sozzled people in period dress falling in and out of character as the mood took them.

3 comments:

gifts from venus said...

and OH you have a cigar :) thumbs up for the cigar and thumbs up for the tash. you scoundrel you

sdelatovic said...

There is something liberating about blowing cigar smoke into the face of strangers, especially while wearing a fake moustache.

Anonymous said...

You look like a man with up to a dozen innocent dairy maids tied up on various railway lines across the French country side. Most inspired!